Sippy Cup Lid all marked up from dropping it

Okay, so this may be silly...but I just bought my daughter new sippy cups because hers were getting so old. Well, she drops the new ones still, but I never really found it to be a huge problem, but as I was washing them, I noticed the lid had like scuffs on it around the area where her mouth goes so i put my mouth on it like how she would to go drink out of it, and I realized that area is kind of sharp because of the marks on it from her dropping it, and I was wondering if anyone has found a way to smooth out the lid with marks on it from dropping it so much. That kind of hurt me to put my mouth on it, so I know it has to hurt her mouth a little bit. I just hate buying new cups all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• low grit sandpaper? And a thorough washing?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Try rubbing lightly with a fingernail file to smooth out the sharp areas.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Mine only gets cups when they are sitting at the table. Stops the problem of them dropping it while they are walking around with them.

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• is she teething when my daughter was teething i had to switch from the hard plastic lids to the soft lids because she was biting the ends. i used the nuby sippy cups when i switched.
    AzaleaRose

Answer by AzaleaRose at 12:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2013