For Christians a sex question

Does it say anywhere in the bible to abstain from sex during your period or to abstain from oral sex? Just curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hon god doesnt care if you have oral or have sex when you have your period just do it its fine and no its not in the bible either
    Anonymous

• I believe the Old Testament refers to a woman being unclean during her period and as far as I know the Bible does not refer to oral sex. We have always had sex during my period just as we eat ham. In the New Testament God gives Peter a vision and tells him to no longer call any of his creation unclean. Oral sex is a personal decision for every marriage and my husband and I have no problem with it:)
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• the old testement says that a women is "unclean" while on her period. back in those days there were rituals a woman had to do after every period before she could be considered "clean" again. therefore a man wouldn't have had sex w/ her during her period. i believe this is in the book of Leviticus. i'll see if i can find a verse.

but the majority of Christians don't follow the OT laws. also, there is nothing in the Bible that specifically says oral is a sin. at least not one that ive ever read or heard of.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Leviticus 15:9-29. it doesnt say its a sin...the mad would just have to be "unclean" for a week. can you imagine being on your period 5 days & then having to wait a week to be considered "clean"...youd be "unclean" at least half the month!

but like i said...Christians dont follow these rules.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No. So go for it! God made sex within the marriage to be good. The only time you are to abstain is when you both agree to fast for a period and no sex. That's to focus on the Lord more.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think whatever you want to do in a marriage sexually is ok with God.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• its in the old testiment, i have read it, but i generaly dont follow the old testiment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The 10 Commandments are in the Old Testament. So, we can kill people, commit adultery, and steal? I do not understand denominations that really believe that the Old Testament was done away with. Jesus followed it.
    And okmanders, it's one week from the onset of the period, not one week after it goes away.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Levitucus goes into a lot of detail about menstruating women. A man may not have intercourse with a menstruating women because life giving semen should not mix with a flow of blood, which is associated with death. Also, any sexual contact renders both partners unclean because the bodily fluids produced during intercourse have trespassed their natural boundaries within the body (15:16-24). Touching an object used by menstruating women contaminates a person (15:19-32). If a women delivers a male child, she is considered unclean for 7 days and can not participate in social or religious life for 33 days. If she delivers a female, she is unclean for 14 days and can not participate for 66 days. (12:1-8).

I can't find anything about oral sex though.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Have you ever read Song of Solomon? It does actually talk about oral sex. :)

<< Song of Solomon 2 >>
    King James Bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
    2 As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.

3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2009