Just for laughs!

How do you take this statement "Bless your heart"/ Please add a funny ecard!  I never knew this term had so many meanings.

DJDNY

Asked by DJDNY at 9:38 AM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Out of curiosity, has she ever stepped on a Lego? Cause that could fix that.

HaHa- she has. The woman just doesn't swear. It's strange and slightly disturbing how in control she is

Stepping on a Lego and not cursing is strange and downright demonic in my opinion. How can you not cuss after finding a lego in the dark with the bottom of your foot? Those things are fucking PAINFUL! LOL
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Because she's a lady and has never, ever, even uttered the word D*MN.

Out of curiosity, has she ever stepped on a Lego? Cause that could fix that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• aw, love it!!! I like the whole expression in fact. Bless your heart... usually means the person being blessed has made mistake that is almost funny and the person saying bless your heart can hardly stop their eyes rolling. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• we use it several different ways in the South. One way, a sick person in the hospital: "Bless his heart, I hope he's ok." Someone being an idiot: "He's about as dumb as a door nail, bless his heart."
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I take it the way my very religious former SIL meant it: Go Fluff Yourself.

Because she's a lady and has never, ever, even uttered the word D*MN.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• From my experience, it depends on the context. Sometimes it is used genuinely, but most of the time it's a fail safe for gossiping about people. You know, the 'did you hear about such and such. This and this happened, and now she's up-a-stream without a paddle. She should have seen it coming. Bless her heart.'
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Whenever my family has used that term, it was usually when someone did something really sweet. "Aww, well bless your heart- that's so sweet of you."
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• We have always said it when someone is sick, someone is generous, when talking about children, and to say it when we do not want to say or hear anything more about someone who we know does not have all their wires connected. ;-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Stepping on a Lego and not cursing is strange and downright demonic in my opinion.
    IKR?!

She has, last I heard, 7? kids. I guess it comes with the territory. Think Mrs. Duggar calm. Eerie calm.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2013