Thinking about getting an SUV...what kind do you have and would you suggest it to someone else?

So were thinking about trading my car in for an SUV so we have more room and so it'll be easier to get my 3 yr old in and out of. I have no idea what I want! I kinda like the Chevy Equinox and the Nissan Xterra, but there are alot more SUVs so Im not sure which ones are "good" and "bad". And gas mileage isnt to big of an issue.
Opinions please!
Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you are going to love it we have a 3 year old and its so nice because i dont have to break my back to put her in her car seat....anyway i have a dodge durango... LOVE it it has the 3rd row seat as well! good luck!
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well its not really an SUV but I like the Honda Element or the Scion to carry kids and their friends around. The Element is so wonderful with the rubber floor mats that you can just hose out. I mainly drive a large 4x4 cargo cab truck. Comes in real handy when I need to haul something, but have to have it as I live in the country and far back a gravel and dirt road and it does snow here. I couldn't live without my truck.
    DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• isnt that "wasteful" and bad for our enviroment?? i got bashed for using paper plates on cm last night.... and people are buying suvs ....srry i just thought this was funny
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We have a Dodge Durango. Love it HOWEVER it is tight with three carseats. There is not much room in that third row seat.

We also have a Chevy Suburban. LOVE IT. Plenty of room for three in car seats, including the third row seat...even room for adults back there!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have a 2007 Honda Pilot I love. I bought it because it had the highest safety rating for that year.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We have 2 suv's one is a 06 Saturn View, and it's a GREAT car! however it'll fit only 3 children in the back and you and your husband in the front. It gets great gas mileage. The other one that we own is an 08 Ford Explorer, it has 3rd row seating that you can either use or flip down and place things on top of it when you don't need the extra row, it's a lot more comfortable than the saturn just because of the leather seats and sun roof and power everything. But I personally love either one we have 1 15 month old daughter and another on the way, both vehicles work just lovely. Good luck! We've traded 7 times now to find what we exactly wanted, we had a mustange and impala first, then a yukon xl (too big & way big on gas) and a pontiac g6 08, and then we traded the yukon xl for some pontiac white car that was really nice but too small lol, so we ended up w/ the ford explorer and saturn and we love both of them.
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We have a Ford Explorer and a Ford Expedition. We love them. Sure gas mileage sucks, but the roominess more than makes up for it.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009