How do I remove a tampon string? (TMI)

I had a "lodged" tampon and was able to remove it however the string was not attached when I pulled it out (tmi). I've tried feeling around to see if I can find it but no such luck. I've also tried a few other things to get it out but I still cannot find it nor get it to come out. Since it's just the string, will it cause problems or should I wait a day and see if it comes out on its own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Health

• It may not have had a string on it to begin with. I've known that to happen.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• It did have a string, I remember seeing that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• are you sure it wasn't somehow wrapped around or otherwise attatched to it ?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Have you asked your partner to help?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• No it wasn't attached because I remember looking for it when I pulled out the actual tampon. I suppose I could look in the garbage to see if it was wrapped around it, I just no it wasn't attached. Haven't asked my partner because ew lol. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I don't know that I'd wait a day or two for it to come out. If you're really uncomfortable asking your partner to help, then I'd suggest a walk-in clinic or something so they can help you make sure it's not still in there. I know there's that whole warning with tampons about getting TSS from leaving tampons in too long, and I don't know if it would apply to just the string, but I don't think I'd want to risk it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Call your gyno

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2013