Newbies and the Answers section

Hi y'all.

I am not new but this IS a new name. I created this account (will delete it shortly) to see how newbies found Answers so quickly. 

When you first sign in, it (CM) takes you directly to the Answers section. Tells you how to get started. You also get a private message telling you how to get to Answers. 

A few excerpts from the "welcome" message:

"Welcome to CafeMom Answers! Answers is the place to share your advice and opinions with fellow moms and get answers to your own questions fast. Here's a quick intro to CafeMom Answers:"

"Be sure to visit cafemom.com/answers every day! There's always something interesting going on!"

"Click here to visit CafeMom Answers now >>>"

So, now we know how the newbies get here so fast after signing up.

aka 
SpiritedWitch

MetalManiaMama

Asked by MetalManiaMama at 12:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in About CafeMom

• They are also doing adsense style advertising (the text only ads that appear along side facebook if you don't use an ad block).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• So it's like they're throwing newbies at us on purpose...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Are there any guidelines given to new members? I mean I thought I remembered TOS saying to be prepared for people to disagree and all that. And if the profanity filter is there you'd figure they'd give every new member that kind of info.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• i had a large orange banner telling me how to ask my question when i signed on it didn't tell me how to find it again tho. i finally noticed some red numbers at the page and clicked it and got back here. is there an easier way
    AzaleaRose

Answer by AzaleaRose at 12:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Didn't see the "dont ask if youre pregnant" disclaimer, did you?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Is there something wrong with newbees coming in to answers?
    It would be nice if the had a few helpful guidelines for using answers but this is not a private club.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Wow, thanks for letting us know. Why all the ads though if they want to purge Answers though? Maybe it is all about "new blood"?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• "Is there something wrong with newbees coming in to answers?"

I don't believe that was the inference.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• "Is there something wrong with newbees coming in to answers?
    It would be nice if the had a few helpful guidelines for using answers but this is not a private club."

Not at all, no one is saying this is a private club. I meant that it's like they're trying to start drama on purpose because they're not explaining to new members what the rules are, and then the newbies whine and are butthurt when someone doesn't agree with them. If they're going to direct new people in here, who are not only unfamiliar with Answers but CM in general, they need to inform them how things work here, what the rules REALLY are, that people will NOT always agree, what IS and is NOT report worthy or against the rules, etc, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• is there an easier way

bookmark this: www.cafemom.com/answers

There used to be a direct link, but they took out out. You can also find it towards the bottom of the "My Other Stuff" tab at the top right of the screen
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2013