Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering

If a women is pergant and she wants to give it up for a adoption and the father dose not .can the child still be put up dor adoption ?

Answer Question

Asked by tigger3itch at 1:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Adoption

Level 19 (7,860 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • It varies, but usually both parents have to consent.. except maybe in the case of rape.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

  • I think both need to consent , unless one party cannot be located.

    Answer by Trini at 1:45 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

  • No ,a father's rights may be terminated just as a mother's right may be terminated .Neither biological parent has the right to take the parental rights from the other with out going through proper legal channels.

    This includes a legal way to prove abandonment .


    Answer by drfink at 3:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

  • Ok thanks eveyone I was just wondering

    Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

  • Solicitation of a baby is against CM TOS jeremyanderin....that means asking for a baby is against the rules

    Answer by drfink at 4:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2013

  • No

    Answer by escuchar at 12:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2014

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Adoption
Meeting question

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
Newbies and the Answers section