Measuring 3 weeks later in pregnancy than I really am?

So I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant, and I went to the hospital thinking I was going into labor (ended up being Braxton Hicks contractions) and they told me that even though I'm 30 weeks according to my due date, I'm measuring at 33. Now, this is my first time being pregnant, and I've been alone most of the pregnancy, so hearing something like that is very confusing to me.
I tried asking the doctor at the hospital what that meant, and he really didn't give me a straight forward answer, he basically said it could mean a lot of things, and left.
So my question would be, what could this ultimately mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Due dates are only estimates and can be off two weeks in either direction. You might be a little further along than you thought. Ultimately you might go into labor before your due date. It's nothing to be extremely worried about unless you go into preterm labor. They may decide to stop labor if it is before 36 weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Doctors do not know when you are really due. They are just estamating.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• You can measure bigger or smaller I measure 4 weeks ahead but my baby is healthy and doing great. My uterus is just bigger, also happened in my first pregnancy 6 years ago. My doctors keep saying I was a month ahead and I knew I wasn't but they didn't believe me. It really doesn't mean anything if you were 6cm or more cm bigger than you'd have a problem
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 5:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I measured 4 weeks behind my entire pregnancy til 35 weeks. At that point, I woke up one morning, and my stomach had busted with stretchmarks so heavily my belly looked like a watermelon. My DS ended up being nearly 2 wks overdue by my due date when I was induced.

(Don't judge me either, biiiiiiig babies from little bitty hips don't often work out real well.)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Due dates do vary.
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 1:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2014