Painting,what can I do?

My indoors is all white,which I hate. I want to paint but am leery because of Thor and his sensory issues.For example he does not like a multi colored Christmas tree,too much for him. He pulls down wreaths that have too much color. Should I choose one color and use different shades oruse muted tones. I am at a los,any ideas!!!!

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 4:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Special Needs

• Can he help you pick out a color so it is pleasing to him?
    And then paint- say half of a wall at a time so it isn't too much of a shock to him?
    So the color gradually becomes a part of his controlled environment?
    Kind of like the boiling frog method?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• If you go blue keep it light. I would stay muted myself. Pink is always pretty calming and so are shades of brown. Bold or bright colors are bound to overstimulate him.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Would it work to have him help pick a color then just use it for one accent wall? Then after he accepts that, go to another room and repeat??
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I'd stay in the khaki range

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2013