How do you get rid of back/shoulder acne?

I've dealt with this my whole life and I'm sick of it! I am very self conscious about it, especially in the summer.

fallenleaves

Asked by fallenleaves at 8:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I am almost 30 and this just started with me. I have yet to try this but read that a dab of honey covered in a band-aid would help.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• neutrogena makes an acne body wash.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• AN EX OF MINE USED TO GET IT ALL THE TIME AND THE ONLY THING THAT HELPED HIM WAS DIAL GOLD, BAR SOAP. IF HE USED ANYTHING ELSE IT WOULD JUST COME BACK. I THINK ITS MAYBE THE ANTIBACTERIAL IN IT, NOT SURE. ITS CHEAP AND WORTH A TRY. GOOD LUCK.
    DIZICKLE

Answer by DIZICKLE at 9:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• stop using fabris softeners and change to a laundry detergent thats free of dye's and perfumes. Change your bar soap in the shower to something natural, like Ivory with aole.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Use a bar soap like Cetaphil daily. If you are really serious about results, see a dermatologist. They may prescribe an antibiotic ointment to apply to the area. If that's out of the question, I would keep some Clearasil or Stridex pads in my purse to cleanse the area mid-day. Apply a benzoyl peroxide (careful - it bleaches!) or salycilic acid at night.
    sskyesmom

Answer by sskyesmom at 4:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Proactive has an all over wash too
    Tenine

Answer by Tenine at 11:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ok well for me, the sun cleared mine up & tanning booth, for some reason nothing would help, and I have read that it's a bacteria. I have had no break outs, I rarely tan now, also for my hubby he used oxy bodywash and it did clear him up!!!!and he had it bad.
    ProudMammaBear

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My brother had horrible back acne. He used Arbonne's Clear Advantage set and it cleared it up. He put the toner into a little spray bottle that he got in the travel section at Target and that made it easier to apply. Check it out on www.getresults.myarbonne.com
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Rodan+Fields are coming out with their NEWEST product...
    ***UNBLEMISH Body Wash and Body Spray***
    These new products are formulated with a Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Body Wash and a Salicylic Acid Body Spray.

REAL MEDICINE formulated by the creators of the #1 acne treatment.Available in July,2008.

What do you have to lose but body acne? Give it a try. We have a 60 day money back guarantee.

Check out the site @ www.rodanandfields.com/karenwardzinski
    K.K.707

Answer by K.K.707 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Beauticontrol has a a great acne line called All Clear and they make a body wash -- Has over-the-counter strength salicylic acid to help reduce body blemishes on affected areas. can be found at www.beautipage.com/ginny4bc
    spagirl1826

Answer by spagirl1826 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2008