How much Peanut Butter for 2 year old?

Hi. I was wondering how much peanut butter should a 2 year be allowed to consume in one day safetly? My son LOVES it and has no allergies towards it, but he seems to eat at least 4-5 tablesppons a day and I was wondering if that was an unsafe amount? I have heard having too much can create an allergy. Anyone know?

CashJulianMommy

Asked by CashJulianMommy at 8:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• I try to keep it to one serving a day. Peanut butter is binding for my boys so I have to watch how much of it and other things I give them (one serving of peanut butter and one banana a day kind of thing)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• how much is a serving?
    Anonymous

• my daughter eats Jiffy out of the tub with a spoon. she learned that when i was eating apples with peanut butter one day. ever since then she loves it. i have no problem with her eating it.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 11:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• A serving for a toddler is 1 tablespoon. SInce a 2 year old should be having 2 servings of meat a day - and the type of meat (or bean) should be varied, I'd say limit him to 1 serving a day and try to get other protein sources in too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009