i am currently on maternity leave so am getting maternity pay, if i wanted to go to college would it be free?

sb2013

Asked by sb2013 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Money & Work

• NO, why would you think it was?! Look into scholarships and things like that. If you are on paid leave you are going to have to go back to work eventually so you need to take that into consideration. Maternity leave isn't very long and most of the time paid leave is even shorter.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I wish it were that easy
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• If you are in the United States, then no. There are Pell Grants, etc that will help since you have a dependent, but it's not automatically paid for. If you are in European country, then I know there are a few who have more options of paying for college while on maternity leave, as I have a friend in Switerland who has mentioned it.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Umm.. No. Look into scholarships or grants.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I am confused why you'd think that..... UNLESS you're working for a college/university?

I mean for example if you're working for Sally's Sock Shoppe and you're on maternity leave from there. The sock shoppe isn't associated whatsoever with clown college, they have nothing in common. So you'd have to pay to goto the college. Just like if you want to go buy a new truck you'll pay for that or take piano lessons you'd pay for that
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:22 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Why would it be free?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• College is pretty much never free, just like anything else worth having.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2013