How do other moms do it?

How do they keep the cute hair bows in their girl toddler's hair? My 15 mo DD has been yanking them out/off since she's had full control over her limbs. I have to chase the little munchkin all over the house just to wet and comb her messy curls. Grrr

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 5:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Unless you are going somewhere, I'd just save that energy for something else. Who cares of those cute little curls are messy. Curly hair is hard to keep neat sometimes, esp. in humid weather.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• To be perfectly honest. I would put the bows in and then keep grabbing her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze and telling her 'no- don't touch' in a firm tone. I started out only having her wear them for an hour or so and I always took the bow out when I knew I was not going to be able to correct her. Like in the car seat for instance. She eventually learned. It took A LOT of repetition and consistency.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Have you tried a little mousse' in her hair to help tame it down a little?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

Usually when we go somewhere I do with a little leave in conditioner.
    mommy_jules

Comment by mommy_jules (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• @ But_mommie, thanks, I'll try that. She is a persistent little girl, so it'll probably take awhile.
    mommy_jules

Comment by mommy_jules (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I would suppose they just keep putting back in and telling their child no.
    I did not have that problem with mine. For the most part she left them alone. Hair clips she could not stand and would take out though. I gave up on those. I am a firm believer in , you choose your battles.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• You can also try argon oil one drop is all it takes and leaves the hair easy to manage .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• I didn't. Dd would never keep anything in her hair, so it wasn't worry the effort. Around 2 1/2 she started asking me to do her hair.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Mine will tolerate the bows for maybe twenty minutes, even at five years old. I think some girls are just more into hair accessories than others.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• yes some kids will give you a hard time. my DS for example hates wearing hats. i really do need to make him wear one on a sunny day in park/beach. he has very thin hair so i needed to cover it his head. if only they made sun block shampoos! lol.
    also he would keep yanking off his wool hats in winters. so yes i was firm with him. after a while he finally gave up and would leave them on
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2013