I have NO endurance anymore!?

My doctor said I could still use an elliptical while pregnant. Before I got pregnant I could easily do 40-60 min but now I can't do 15 min without horrible burning in my thighs and feeling totally exhausted. I'm 24 weeks...is this normal? If so, why such a drastic change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Switch to a treadmill or go for a walk outside
    pregnancy takes alot out of you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• agree with butterflyblue
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• You are carrying more weight and in with a different distribution of the weight.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Your center of gravity has completely moved. : )

With this, comes muscle confusion. You've got to train them to work with the extra weight and difference in balance, as they're moving differently than they were before, and supporting a different posture than before.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• My first sign I was pregnant with my oldest child was that I couldn't run like I used to. Do what you can do comfortably. Of course exercise is good for you, but your body is telling you your limits.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Yes it's normal and why is because you have a lot more weight now. Plus baby is growing which forces all your other organs to be pushed upwards. This doesn't allow your lungs to fully expand so you may experience shortness of breath from here on out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Thanks ladies!! I'm just pacing myself and doing what feels comfortable.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• Walk
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 1:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2014