Can you pray for my 14 year old son please?

It can happen even under the best of best mom's nose. I found my son in his bed Sunday night at 6:30pm. O.D. on alcohol. Some stupid kid crap & curosity about vodka almost cost him his life. They were binge drinking vodka & beer in his friends bedroom. My son is AB honor roll, A-String football, team leader at his school. I have NEVER had not even an ounce of trouble out of him. We pray out loud together at night, always have. He knows better, he has been talked to, guarded & guided in the proper direction. A first time sneaky try at hard liqure got him a blood alcohol level of 1.61, he was taken via ambulance to the hospital. I enrolled him in a six week program today with peer group meetings & one on one appointments with a psychologist. Can you please pray for him, his name is Jeff & he is 14. Thank you.

strongmom40

Asked by strongmom40 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'll say a prayer for him!
    I almost died once from an overdose of alcohol and some downers. It really scared me and I quit. I'll pray the same scared-straight thing for your son.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I will pray for him. You are doing the best thing possible by putting a stop to things before they get out of hand. Kids do stupid things sometimes, I hope he has learned a lesson from this. Good luck.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I will pray for you family. I am sorry you all are going through this. I want to tell you that your son is probably just trying new things. I knwo that I was brought up the same as him, but because I was a kid, I still made stupid decisions. Are you able to talk to him openly, or do you think he feels he can not talk to you anymore because of the age he is at now?

dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sorry that happened to you. I'm sure he will now have learned a very hard lesson. Yes, I will say a prayer for your son.
    DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• im definitely praying for your family! I was an honor student at a private school raised by a strict mom! never did anything bad untill one day I decided to have drinks with my cousin and got super drunk.. very bad thank god I didn't get poisoned but I learned my lesson!
    this does not make you a bad mom nor does it make him a bad child neither! I wish you and your family the best!
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 9:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I just saw miss anons message!

this mom did not ask for you to judge nor did she ask for your opinion. she simply shared her sad story and asked for a prayer. now if you don't want to say anything comforting then please don't write at all or be a woman and put your name on it!

thanks
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 9:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Prayers from Washington state...for you and your family. Try MOM to NOT take it personal. It's not something you did or didnn't do. God Bless you.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i agree with u glossyblack!! if u are gonna give shit make it so she can see u are u that afraid u can give shit but u cant take it!!! we are soposed to help our friends out not hurt them in there time of need so if u are gonna be hate fulll dont post anything!!!
    im soo sorry that this happened to u if u need to talk im here for u!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mykristina

Answer by mykristina at 10:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Oh MY - - how awful. I will pray for your family.
    NoDak-Mom

Answer by NoDak-Mom at 11:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• consider it done.
    zcman

Answer by zcman at 12:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009