Bugs bugs bugs ... Cant deal

I hate it's but I typically take the suck it up and kill the damn thing approach.

We live in a state with a warmer climate and I get my share of big spiders and ants and silver fish and so on... Annoying sometimes freaky.. Sure. But the one thing I can't handle is cockroaches. Haven't had an issue until the last two days... I was outside last night and saw one my front step and it ran into the bushes.

My new neighbor said " yeah we unfortunitly get tons of those water bugs around here".

Waterbug= American cockroach.
And tonight I flicked the back light one ań went out with the dog and three were hanging onto my screened in porch!!! I freaked out and got spray. Killed two and the third ran of into the grass.

Now lnow there is a neat for sure somewhere and I'm calling exterminator in the morning. Is it possible the neat is outside? I read that they like rain and it's been raining theee days straight here!! Still gross an damp out there. any chance the rai is what's causing all these sightjngs? I'm a very clean person (know for being a bit OCD when it comes to it. I vacuum almost daily and mop 2-3 times a week. Wipe down all surfaces multiple times a day and never leave dirty dishes or food out. But I have two cats and a new puppy so their food is the only thing out..

What else can I do to prevent them from coming in here?? Any ways ican kill the neat that may be outside?

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 10:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Home & Garden

• The exterminator is the way to go! Stop them before they even make it into your house. Also, they are attracted to pet food, so if possible, feed pets only what they will eat and avoid leaving food hanging around in their bowls. Keep the food stored in airtight containers as well. It sounds to me like that is the only chink in your indoor armor. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I'm guessing you meant nest? I found this, which includes some homemade remedies. I used to use a variation of the borax one for ants. http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Roaches

Answer by gdiamante at 11:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Sorry for all the typos. Feeding baby one last time and was rushing through the post lol
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Yes lol smart ladies.. Figured you guys could figure out what I meant. Thank u!!! I will try them for sure
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• OMG I hate cockroaches!!! I haven't seen one since I moved to the NW!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 17, 2013