My hubby wants another baby how hard is it to handle two babies from experience ?

I'm a stay at home mom and my son is 13 months old

Gilpin.AFWIFE

Asked by Gilpin.AFWIFE at 11:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• The good news is that they'd be close to two years apart, if not further apart than that. I have friends who say three years is an ideal gap.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• My older 2 kids are 19.75 months apart. We did not plan it that way, but things happen. I was already about 8 weeks along when DS1 was 13 months.

It was probably the hardest when DD was about 4 months and DS realized that that "thing" was really not going anywhere. He was also quite speech delayed, which did not help things. They did become and still are great friends (when not beating on each other.) They are now nearly 14 and 15; and are only a year apart in school.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• What do you want?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• My boys are 4 years apart! Loved the age difference!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• If your not fully into the idea it will be hard no matter what the age difference. I'm not going to lie, going from 1-2 was the hardest. They are two years apart and I was used to still easily getting things done around the house and when your first kids sleeps u can too but u can't when u have two of them. When one naps the others awake and ur up at night but still need to e up early with the first born.. Plus back into diapers (or double diapers). And back into bottles. It's a little hectic I the beginning but honestly my kids (now 4 &2) are beatfriends. They bicker occasionally but there is much more loving sweet moments between them. Never a day I don't regret how close they are in age. They are into the same thing and can have the same group of friends it's awesome. Going from 2-3 was as easy as pie lol at that point I was already jugglin so you don't really notice the change.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• So if you go pregnant this secod your son would be 2 /2. That is not a bad separation though I had mine a little farther apart IMO in it not that hard. There will be days and then there will be days You will definitely be busier all the time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• For me, going from 1 child to 2 children was easier than going from 2 children to 3 children. At the age your child would be when the baby was born, you would still be in the "naps" stage, so you could get some sleep.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2013

• Mine are 19mo apart. It's bittersweet. When I found out I was pregnant with DS2, I was heartbroken. My BABY wasn't going to be the baby anymore. It was hard, and I still try to compensate for that. Starting over with a newborn was all sorts of hard for me. But I'm definitely NOT a baby person. I'm mostly uncomfortable with other people's kids... have been that way all my life. Husband got a vasectomy after DS2 was born, so there's no more babies in the works for us.

There are days it works well, because they LOVE to play with each other. Don't hardly know what to do with themselves without each other. But then, I'm looking at the expenses of it... 2 cars, 2 cell phones, 2 activity schedules, 2 college educations... then I imagine what life is like for my BIL and SIL... They have 5 kids, 10, 8, 7, 6, and turning 5 next month.

Since DS1 started pre-k last week, I find myself confused... almost lost, as to what to do with
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• DS2, because we have built a 3-way relationship with DS1 included... I never really get to spend time with JUST DS2. :-/

Sad, thinking about it. Guess I'll make a post about it.

But if you like babies, and like wiping butts, and burping, and car seats, etc... by all means! I would not change my two for the world, and I don't know if I'd want to go back and wait a little longer between them because starting over with a routine was soooo hard for me.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Honestly no one will have the same answer. I had 2 who were 16 months apart- but I didn't find it hard, because it was planned and I always just wanted to have kids, and DH was very hands on and helpful with everything. But there are women who will tell you that 2 close in age nearly did them in. You frame of mind and desires have quite a bit to do with it as well.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2013