Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am 17 and have no money what do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by baybay95 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • Get a job?

    Answer by Rosehawk at 2:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • I need move out of my parents house and I am the babysitter of my child nobody else will watch the baby while I work.

    Comment by baybay95 (original poster) at 2:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • You can get help with daycare. I'm not sure what its called, google it. A lot of my friends are on it.

    Answer by Mommy2bbyboy at 2:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • try to find a part time job and if you can't. go to school and get an education

    Answer by vivis.mommyy213 at 2:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Google your county (and.or state) and search their website for programs that might help.

    Answer by silverthreads at 4:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • What do you do? Everything you can. Raising a baby is hard. Raising a baby as a teen mom without an education is probably 1,000 times harder. Check your local HHS office. Good luck.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Why do you need to move out of your parent's house?


    Answer by JeremysMom at 5:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • 1)You are not your child's 'baby sitter' You are your child's parent. Those a re two completely different rolls.
    2)To move out you have to make money. To make money you have to work for it. There is no other way so I am not sure what answer you were looking for
    3)There we all good things to consider before getting pregnant but I guess it is to late for that.

    Can you not get a night job at McDonald's so you 'parents with baby at night? Do you even have a HS diploma? If not then you really need to start there. There is not job that you will be able to walk into at 17 and have enough money to support your self and your child especially if you do not have a Diploma. When you start a job without experience, sometimes with experience, you start at the bottom. You have to work hard to earn high wages. I feel like you need to sit down and talk to your parents. Let them help you find your direction.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Talk to your parents.

    Answer by louise2 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Call 211. It's a nationwide hotline for social services. They can get you connected with child care so you can finish school if you have not done so, or to get a job.

    If you haven't finished school DO SO. It's vital.

    Answer by gdiamante at 10:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.