Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I scratched my car up pretty bad.
I got too close to my brick house, and scratched up the bottom part, where you can even see the metal.

Should I go to my insurance for this (statefarm) or should I just pay for this out of pocket?
Can this be fixed?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • best way s to go to your insurance to see if they can fix it before you pay out of pocket

    Answer by vivis.mommyy213 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • poor you - I'd agree with vivis above

    Answer by stace101 at 6:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Pay out of pocket. You don't want your premium to go up

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • It all depends on your Insurance deductible. Bring it to an Auto Body shop & see how much it will cost to fix. Obviously it's not worth going through your Insurance Company if it costs less than your deductible.


    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • ^^^Agree with butterflyblue & ILovemyPaulie- get the estimate 1st & then see what the deductible is & if it will raise your rates.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Get a couple estimates, then like ILovemyPaulie said...if it's going to cost less then your insurance deductible then pay out of pocket .

    Answer by geminisummerz at 11:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • I would not make a claim , for me not worth it.

    Answer by by2013 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.