Oh what a Happy, Glorious day in Answers...

2,5,7
11.30, 10.30, 9.30, 9.04, 8.49, 8.38, 8.04

It is so deliciously slow.
So many electrifying new Screen Names.
Scarcely any "regulars" to cause excitement.

How do you feel about the Languor?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 10:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I just love how many people seem to really NOT care at all...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• " But for weeks leading up to it there was a trend of "ooh, look, new member, this must be a troll."

It has nothing to do with them being new, and everything to do with how the new members always seem to post the most outrageous, spammy stuff
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• "It has nothing to do with them being new, and everything to do with how the new members always seem to post the most outrageous, spammy stuff"

I have to completely concur with this. I'm not trying to bandwagon jump, honestly. But you'll notice a significant trend in level one questions being so inflammatory (and in some cases, horrific) that it is clear that they were asked for no other reason than to inflame the masses.

Just as there has to be some level of accountability for older members, there MUST be the same expectation of new members.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• How do it feel about the languor? My personal feeling is that I find it a little impaired, in the sense that we no longer really know what is allowed and what will get us booted. I feel it's exactly what they want to make us feel, I just can't really figure out why.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2013

• This is what fear does to people. Too many are worried about saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and being spam reported for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• An oppressive stillness of the air.

Many of the people that came here every day cannot anymore. It makes a big difference here and it is noticeable. Besides the banning people have received warnings for nothing. Many are holding back from answering because we no longer know what is unacceptable.

Hence the oppressive stillness of the air!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• i hate it. i have been a model CMer (by TOS standards) and all of a sudden those standards no longer mean anything. they will just boot ppl at random cause it makes them feel powerful. i keep switching from "screw them i'll say whatever i want! damn the consequences!" and "i dont wanna lose Answers so i'll keep my mouth shut." but its hard to be on here when i have no idea if my normal way of answering is suddenly going to make me CM enemy #1 and get me kicked off. just being on here, reading and seeing whats happening pisses me the fuck off!!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• But for weeks leading up to it there was a trend of "ooh, look, new member, this must be a troll."

That's a skewed vision of what has gone on. Look at the big picture - there are questions by level 1 and 2 members that were given clear, concise, helpful and caring answers. They far outnumber the ones that were not. The common thread in the ones that were not, is that they asked outlandish, inane questions that went beyond common ignorance to being outright offensive. Cases in point - a 7 year old was molested but I can't call the police because the person who did it was 11, so they won't arrest him. That was self-deleted by the OP after CM started deleting answers, and then posted AGAIN, and self-deleted again. The assertion that Aspies have the same traits as serial killers and shouldn't be allowed custody of their own children.

Those questions would be met with derision where the OP was lvl 1, lvl 50 or anon.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I always proceed with caution when it comes to new members as I have learned over the years that new doesn't always mean new. Fool me once . . .
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I'm on vacation and don't give a rats hiney. Admin did their job they killed answers. Thanks admin!!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2013