Why did they take it off the market?

I have finally found a BC that works I have been taking it for 4 yrs. now with no problems.
I call today to make sure my prescription was available for pick up and that's when they told me the terrible news :( it has been taken off the market but of course they have another BC that should take its place...ugh!

I was taking Loestrin24fe I had a coupon to pay $24.00 now with our insurance I have to pay $50.00 on this other BC. It's not so much the price is more its the brand I was used too :(

Thanks ladies for listening....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Health

• The manufacturer discontinued it in favor of a chewable version. Can't tell why they'd do that; according to their last quarterly report the product was doing well. I don't see any reports of a recall or health questions. So absent those, I think they're trying to make more money.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• It's probably like gdiamante said they are trying to make more money, if they change the med a bit they can charge more money and the med can't be made by a generic company(time limit starts over again).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I don't know about your specific medication, but a migraine medicine that worked well for me was pulled off the market simply because the company wasn't making enough of a profit by manufacturing it. Too bad, I've never found one that worked as well since then.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I used to be on that. Never had issues either. I stopped to get pregnant and haven't been on anything since. Breastfeeding so I went a solid year and a half no period!! Friggin awesome!!! But unfortunately for me aunt flow returned yesterday morning!! Balls! :(. My doctor gbe me the patch (because with three kids I will never remember the damn daily pill). So I am startin that until I figure out which more permanent solution I want to use.

Hope u find something else you like. Nuva ring was another i did and as odd as it kinda sounds it was pretty simple and easy to remember.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2013