What are you ladies cooking today???

It's Sunday so as always I'm hosting the family BBQ. I'm waiting on the kids to get here and all their crazy kids.

I'm grilling chicken breasts, T-bones, corn on the cob, potatoes, Salmon burgers (just for me!), and I have a huge pot of red beans going. DIL is bring banana pudding for dessert. Ohhhhh, and I have fresh jalapeños from my garden. Every week we grill them and see who can handle the heat. We tried a habanero last week and and all of us cried Uncle right off the bat. Lol.

Love love love our Sunday family days.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 1:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I'm waiting for DH to bring home some Tamales, YUM!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• We have stock on, but that's an all day process, so it's self-serve for everyone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Nothing planned right now. It was 90° by 10:30 this morning. So nothing elaborate I'm sure.

I did make a batch of salsa and one of yogurt but that's it for now. I need to bake bread, but it's too hot to use the oven.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I don't have to cook today! Going to my cousins for dinner.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Nothing. I'm off to work soon, so it will be fast food for me. Mental note: MUST go grocery shopping tomorrow!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I have stuffed pork chops in the crock pot now.

I spread mustard on them, Brown them in the frying pan, also sprinkle garlic powder on them when I brown them.
    Then I transfer them to the crock pot, sprinkle with parsley and cover with chicken broth, Yummm
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Getting ready to go to a B-day party. So we'll eat there & just have something light if/when we get hungry later on. Once again tho Panda, your meal sounds so good. Hard to choose between the T-Bone & the Salmon. :p Enjoy!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• My husband bought swordfish so I guess we're having that. He was taking our daughter into town a few minutes ago so I asked him to pick up some limes so I can marinate it (lime juice, olive oil & paprika.) Probably grilling it, maybe broiling. I may make a squash casserole since we have enough summer squash from the garden and the kids like the casserole pretty well (cracker crumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, sauteed onion & garlic all mixed into cooked summer squash & chopped carrot, with a few shakes of Tabasco, and 2 eggs) and I've got a load of cherry tomatoes & spinach, so a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing (hot bacon drippings mixed with sauteed scallions/garlic, cider vinegar & honey.) And some kind of potatoes....maybe even latkes, since my daughter loves them and is not crazy about swordfish.
    Boy, I was kind of bummed/negative about cooking the swordfish, had no ideas, but now I have a plan & it feels better! lol
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• That sounds like a fun time

I made huevos rancheros for breakfast, not sure what will be for dinner yet
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• The easy chicken and stuffing recipe that MichiganMom posted a while back.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2013