Mashed potatoes.... healthy side or indulgent nummers

we have a 22 pound turkey in the roasted that will be done tonight (FINALLY!) and I am sending hubby to the store with a list for mashed potato fixin's ... what is your go-to recipe? I am on the cusp of heavy whipping cream for to die for delicious and sodium free chicken stock for healthful. Do you mix it up and try new things or same way each time?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I use half and half and chicken broth

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I usually use 2% milk and chicken broth, and a bit of salt and margarine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I use skim milk, butter, salt and pepper for everyday meals. For a special meal, I might toss in a bit of cream cheese as well.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 4:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I do 1/2 and 1/2 cauliflower and potatoes with 2% milk and butter. then of course salt and pepper. Sometimes I add a few cloves of roasted garlic.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I use whipping cream or milk and butter with salt and pepper. We don't have them often so I go all out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2013