I guess it is becoming the norm to be plain rude...

My DH, I & the kids took a short trip today to a local Historic Museum/home & garden. My DH was inside one of the buildings with my Son & I was standing outside with my Daughter in a stroller. An older Women walks up to us with her new grand baby. She was so nice & proud to roll the stroller over to ours so we could see the baby (7 weeks). We had a really nice conversation about different things. Then her Daughter came out & acted really pissed. She grabbed the stroller from her Mom & said "no, put it here" & rolled it about 3 feet away & turned from us. Her Mom said "we were letting the children peek at each other (my Daughter was so far away that she could not touch their stroller nor would I let her & I would never touch another strangers baby). Her Daughter turned her back on me so I said "congratulations on your new baby!" then I said bye to the older lady & said it was nice talking to you. She said you too! Goodbye.

I was cautious with my first baby I must admit but this situation was by far totally obnoxious for a new Mom to act like that for any reason. I wanted to say "I'm sorry you didn't get that bug out of your ass after you gave birth!" LOL!

Just venting.

Question: Is it hard for you to be nice to a stranger?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 5:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow, can we say touchy? That mom didn't just have a bug up her ass; she had a giant tarantula crawling around in there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Honestly, it could have been an issue between mother and daughter and you got caught in the middle. I've noticed there is often a huge issue with Mom's and daughters after a new child enters the scene. Still, the daughter was being melodramatic.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 5:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I have no issues being kind to strangers
    however
    I find it d*rn near impossible to be civil to crazy people
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• apparently, it seems that we're not good enough at being nice...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• lol, sorry. You know where my head is stuck ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Hmmm, 7 wks postpartum, maybe mom's hormones are still out of whack. Either way, that was rude of her to not acknowledge you or your dau. I was taught to be polite to everyone. That's not always easy if they are being difficult. Hope the rest of your outing went off without a hitch.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• The daughter was way over the top. Hopefully her mother told her so.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• If they look or are acting nice, I'm more inclined to be nice back. If they look or are acting rude/snobby/etc I'm less likely to be nice back.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Seems so.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Sorry you had to encounter her rudeness...bu even for a new mom this is unacceptable behavior...but you know what they say karma is a bitch!

Answer by older at 9:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2013