Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I need some advice, not sure how to overcome this..

I need to kind of vent and get some advice at the same time..

I'm usually a very positive and happy person, I always used to have fun in anything I did and I seemed to never let anything Little phase me but since my son has been born(dec 2012), I have been feeling off my game.. I worry ALOT and have huge anxiety.. it tends to happen espeshally when my hubby is working out of town, I have no family or friends where I am so I have no one to really talk too who won't judge me or think that I'm crazy. I literally lay in bed at night time while my hubby is working nights and I will literally toss and turn, I end up having huge anxiety and I can't even catch my breath sometimes. Now, when my son was born, this wasn't a Huge deal but my son is now 8 months and it has gotten worse.. really bad.. to the point where I'm driving myself and my hubby crazy. He keeps calling me crazy and I feel crazy now. I dont know how to make this anxiety stop and idk how to control this depressed feeling.. I have tried everything from walking everyday to reading before bed, I just can't seem to shake this 'worried' feeling and it is literally getting between me and my hubby now. I feel that anxiety until I either text him about stuff thats bothering me, which seems to be Everything.. or, we fight over the past which is something that I am letting go.. but this anxiety has me strung and it won't let me go. I feel so deep in this feeling that I am starting to hate myself, the only thing that seems to keep me happy is my son but he is very clingy with me, I have breastfed this whole time and I am now trying to get him on the bottle so I can have some sort of peace and my own space during the night. I have never breastfed before so I am scared to dry up.. breastfeeding is a huge part of why I am feeling this.. I feel as if my son is very dependant on me, to the point where I can't get comfortable at night to be relaxed because he wants me positioned to feed him.. which is not comfortable for me anymore, or him. I bought formula but each time I engorge, I cave in cause I'm scared that I won't be able to do anything for my family if I'm in pain. My hubby is working out of town and so it's me and my 2 boys at home. I have no family and when I dried up with my first(I didnt breastfeed), it was so bad.. I couldn't even move out of bed, if it wasn't for my SO. I am freaking out.. idk how to help myself and today I am sad because I realize its me thats causing all of this drama with my hubby and I.. I love my family more then anything.. I dont want to lose it.. Sorry this is so long :( What do I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Health

Answers (10)
  • You're going to need to see a doc,and get your hormone levels checked. I bet you're all out of whack.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • I worry ALOT and have huge anxiety.
    What do I do?

    Contact a mental health professional

    Answer by feralxat at 5:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • You might want to talk to a doctor.

    Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • As far as the breastfeeding...pump. You can pump which will hopefully be more comfortable then feeding a larger baby. And then give it to him in a bottle(you can freeze excess as well). This will keep you from both being engorged and drying up and gives your child the nurishment he needs for much less money.

    The anxiety, since you are breastfeeding I do not know what medications you can take. BUT you need to go and talk with your doctor, you may also need some therapy to help get over this. It is common in women after giving birth. Seek medical/professional help which will in turn help your relationship. You can also talk about your pain? when drying up.

    PS whenever my husband is out of town I still toss and turn at night and don't sleep very well. But your overriding anxiety needs medical attention

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Ask around and see if you can't find an older woman with whom you can talk about what you are feeling. I don't think any man can really understand these feelings, no matter how hard he is willing to try. Many churches have mentoring programs so call around and find one on your area that does. I do this sort of thing through my church, and I find it very rewarding. Know that you are not crazy and you are certainly not the only woman to have had these experiences. Know also that there is help available, so make some phone calls!

    Answer by NannyB. at 5:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • "I have never breastfed before so I am scared to dry up.. breastfeeding is a huge part of why I am feeling this.."

    Let me reassure you on that score. Unless you take estrogen or have your breasts surgically removed, you won't dry up. I've moderated breastfeeding groups for more than a decade. 99% of the women who come to us saying they've dried up actually have NOT... they're simply looking for the wrong things.

    So for reassurance on breastfeeding, please drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group here on CafeMom.

    I suspect you've got a case of postpartum depression here. You're not "crazy." And I'll lend you my baseball bat to use on your husband for that crack. Frankly, it distresses the hell out of me that you are that alone and it makes me think there are some serious problems. How far *are* you from family?

    Answer by gdiamante at 6:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Please go to a doctor and tell him how you have been feeling. It sounds as if you could be going through postpartum depression. It is normal and it is treatable.

    Answer by ChasingBridges at 6:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • I agree that you need to see a doctor. There are medications you can take to help you deal with depression and anxiety. Yor baby will need less and less from the breast as he starts eating solid foods, so at some point you can wean him slowly. Also, tell your husband to knock off telling you you're crazy. He can either be helpful or be quiet.

    Answer by Ballad at 6:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • You need professional help hun, this anxiety is consuming you and destroying your help....

    Answer by older at 8:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

  • Talk to your he can get you the help you need or prescribe something for you.

    Answer by morebee7 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.