i tested false positvie for amphetamines but my baby tested negative

i tested false positive for amphetemines due to zantac but my baby born friday tested negative doesnt that prove i did not use drugs while pregnant. my baby has to stay in hospital for 7 days for ammonia beacuse i was strep b positive. while i was there i tested false for amphetemines but he did not. DCF has stepped in and i am worried doesnt my baby testing negative prove i didnt do drugs while pregnant? 6 years ago i did have a drug problem and had a baby taken from me but since then i have been clean can DCF do anything now when its obvious i didnt do drugs

lisajones1978

Asked by lisajones1978 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you list zantac as a recently taken medication? Was the zantac prescribed or OTC?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• The doctors told you that you tested false positive? If so then get them involved to explain that to DCF.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• it wasnt prescribed i was told it was ok by my doctot to take it for heartburn 2 times a day doesnt my baby being negative prove i wasnt doing drugs and can DCF do anything and no the doctors didnt say i tasted false i just know thts wht it is because i researched zantac on the internet and it says it will falsely show amphetemine use
    lisajones1978

Comment by lisajones1978 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Is this OTC Zantac or prescription strength? If the latter you need to produce the prescription.

No, your baby being negative isn't enough, as you've already learned. YOU have to test clean, with no chance of error.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• If you have a prescription or advice from a doctor, produce it. If not, good luck to you, but CPS takes this stuff very seriously, especially if you have a prior history.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2013