Rotten, thieving person........

Some jackass stole my daughter's knock off, razor type scooter, in the last hour or so. We went to a friend's house at 10:00 this morning to hang out. She and their little girl were out playing until 2 or 3. They came inside to eat, and when we left at 4 it was gone. It's now 4:30 and no one's seen it.

There is a group of punk ass kids that are stealing scooters, changing the grips, and spray painting them different colors.

I'm SO mad right now. Granted, it was only a $20 scooter, but it was HERS and now it's gone.

What kind of asshole teaches their kids that it's ok to steal other people's things, then lie about it?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 7:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Aww- how sad & frustrating. I hate thieves. We got to watch some punks get busted for stealing bikes a couple of weeks ago. We're afraid to let our dau ride her new bike in the neighborhood, b/c we know there's more punks out there who would push her off & take it. Some parents feel they're entitled just like these punk kids who steal. Guess they figure that if the kid gets what they want, then they won't have to go out & buy it for them. It's messed up. :(
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Not cool!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Sticky fingers everywhere.

My son had his Yugioh cards taken at camp a couple weeks ago. He went back the next day looked in lost and found, asked the counselors and the kids he was playing the cards with if they had seen it. Noone had. A week later one boy who had said no had the cards, said he had received them for a gift. My son asked me should he ask for them back. I said No he probably needed them more than you did.

I am glad they said no to electronics being allowed there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• That sucks rocks!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Someone's answer went poof.....I wonder why?
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• It seems to me that there are a lot of parents that have what I call "not my child' syndrome". Their child can do no wrong. For this reason, their little angels get away with very poor, often illegal behavior.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 8:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

Rosehawk Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) 18 minutes ago

^^^That's been happening a lot around here lately. :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• That totally sucks! I would be so pissed if that happened to my son.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Three different neighbor kids named the same kid when asked about her missing scooter. I called the cops to make a police report, now just waiting for them to show up.

Looking at walmart and target online, her scooter was in the $20-$30 price range. I know there's not a lot that can be done about that low dollar amount. But the kid named by the neighbors is suspected of stealing things from other 1st floor apartments too.

My friend's house we were at had little pumpkins stole off their porch/patio last Halloween, had an adult bike with child seat stolen, and now my daughter's scooter. An apartment down the way had a bike stolen, and there's a group of kids running around stealing scooters and small stuff. They pull the grips off, change them around, then spray paint the stolen scooter so no one can ID it later.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I'm sorry. That really sucks for you and your DD. There are a-holes everywhere.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2013