How do I cope with me only daughter going to pre k for the first time?

Aberenguer23

Asked by Aberenguer23 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Cry and pace the floor all day?? That's what I did. LOL You'll get used to it. just try to keep yourself busy. I try to spend my time cleaning house or watching something besides Nickelodeon on TV. You'll be surprised how quickly those hours will pass. Maybe star an exercise routine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• ** start** Sticky keyboard.
    2autisticsmom

• Find something for yourself. A hobby, a club, something you're excited about and makes you glad for the time to yourself. It's helped me bet over ds starting K this year, haha
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• This is only practice to when you really have to let go!! You will be fine and your daughter will love it and learn from the experience...be happy for her....

Answer by older at 8:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• I wish I knew. My daughter's first day of all-day kindergarten is tomorrow. She's jazzed, and I'm trying not to cry my damn fool eyes out in front of her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Jump up and down and scream FINALLY!!! At least that is what I did.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Plan for something special for when the school day ends. Maybe plan to take her for ice cream. Or make a cake for a little "first day" celebration.

Be excited for her; this is the first step on an incredible, exciting journey. Her attitude toward schooling will reflect yours, so approach it positively.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Get a cute outfit. Take a picture. Kiss her and tell her to have fun.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013