Are your kids light or heavy sleepers?

My Son has always been a great/heavy sleeper. He can sleep through anything. My Daughter is the WORST LIGHTEST sleeper! If I go into her room to check her at night & the floor creaks she flips over & lifts her head so I get down on the floor & hide next to her crib! LOL! Is this just a girl thing since I'm a light sleeper too?

How about your kids?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• Light!!! I hide too! Fiance cant even get dressed in the morning or baby will wake up and look right at him.

He has to go to work naked!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Both of my boys are heavy sleepers, while I've always been a light sleeper.

Before my kids were born it was just the way I was wired, but being the mom of boys, now it's a crucial ability.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• He used to be a heavy sleeper,but in the last few years,he awakens at the slightest noise

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Heavy sleeper but in short bursts. He'll sleep for a couple of hours, then get up, then sleep again.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• Heavy sleeper, he can sleep through anything. Perhaps it's because I didn't make the house super quite when he was a baby? I mean we all just went about a normal day when he was sleeping so he was used to a decent amount of noise.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• My daughter is a light sleeper when she first drifts off, but once she's out for the count, she's definitely out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2013

• heavy heavy sleepers, both of them. we had a wicked hail storm a while back, so loud it sounded like constant thunder and i seriously thought our windows would break. cars all over the metro had broken windows, roofs were damaged. my kids slept thru the whole thing!! DS has been waking up a lot lately but he's at that stage where he has dreams and cant till if they were reality or not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I have no idea...is that bad?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• mine is a very light sleeper, she is up if she hears you step out of the bed
    GrandmaO2008

Answer by GrandmaO2008 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I have one very heavy sleeper and one moderate sleeper. Both are boys.

It's not a girl thing to be a heavy sleeper. My sister was a very deep sleeper. She even slept through an accident that took out several trees and our mailbox. The she was the only one in the family that was not awake. She slept through the police, the ambulance and everyone else in the house awake and talking.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 6:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2013