Are there any stay ay home moms that don't have access to bank accounts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you are one of them, that is just wrong.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I NEED TO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO IT!!!!!! omg i blow money like its candy!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You can open your own bank account without your husband's knowledge or permission. Just save money from whatever he "gives" you and deposit it. Of course, if you have such a controlling husband that he never lets you out of his sight and doesn't let you drive, that could be hard.

I'm a SAHM and have a joint account with my husband. I handle the bills and have never felt like I was getting an allowance or anything like that. I think it's a matter of treating you like a wife and not a child.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• is it because he doesn't trust you or does he have a control issue, either way it isn't right.... that is not what a relationship is about. Besides you are not a child, he needs to respect that you are apart of the relationship/marriage. putting you on an allowance is degrading and disrespectful.
    jrsmile

Answer by jrsmile at 9:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You should always have acess to everything. He might go to work everyday and you stay at home with the Children but you are in a Marriage which everything is the both of yours not his or yours! I would discuss this with your Husband if he is not letting you have acess to the money.

Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would get a job or work from home, no way a man controls what i do and do not have access to--it is simply WRONG!
    Anonymous

• YOU CAN SET UP YOUR OWN ACCOUNT ONLINE, YOU REALLY SHOULD ESTABLISH YOUR OWN FOR EMERGENCY
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 11:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That is actually one sign of abuse. I'm not saying you are, but its not right to not have access to your money. Unless you have a spending problem of course.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't have a bank account and haven't for over a year because I got pissed at BB&T for some of their policies and closed my account lol. My dh has an account, though, but I'm not on it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Thats peculiar . What do you do if you need money?
    Briklin

Answer by Briklin at 5:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009