Do you think the Red Sox pitcher should have drilled A-Rod with that pitch last night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It didn't look like it was on purpose,but i don't feel sorry for him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Yes. The highlight of the game. We loved if.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I don't know. I do not really know the drama surrounding ARod and I did not see him get hit with the ball last night. The things I know are that sometimes people get hit with baseballs when playing the sport. If it was revenge and purposeful, then I personally don't think it was right. But then again I don't usually condone violence. Tat said, this is the big leagues and he gets paid the big bucks. It's hard to feel sorry for someone that is part of the problem.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Didn't see the pitch, but A-Rod is suspected of using performance enhancing drugs & is facing a season-long suspension if found guilty. IMO, no player deserves to purposely be nailed with a pitch that is coming at them at anywhere from 90-100 mph!. That could be a career ending injury, or worse.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Being beaned has been a long standing "tradition" in baseball since the game started. There are rules against intentional beaning, but the punishment is meted out according to injury, intent and the person beanballed (all unspoken)

Beaning is often used a "discipline" or as a way to let players know their behavior isn't appreciated.

I would have beaned him too
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Hell yeah, he deserves it for being such a douche. I didn't see that pitch unfortunately. He needs to get more than just beaned by some pitchers.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Seattle fans will always hate A-Rod for what he did/said when he left the Mariners. I didn't see the pitch, or the game, so I can't really say, but while remembering his departure from us, I'd say he probably deserved it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• The enhancing drugs made him feel no pain... he'll live.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2013

• I do not like A-Rod.
    I think that anyone who purposely tries to harm another player should be suspended and fined. Depending on the seriousness he should be able to be released from his contract and banned from the game.
    JMO
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2013