The holes in the toilet where the water comes out, how to clean them?

IDK what has happened, but even after cleaning the toilet, there is black junk that comes out of the holes the next day, for the past week I have had to scrub the toilet every day.
Is there anything to pour into the tank that would make what ever is inside the holes come out clean?
This has never been a problem before, so any ideas for me?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Drain the water out of the bowl by pouring water into it,then make a thick paste of baking soda and vinegar,and spackle that stuff over the holes. Let it sit for an hour or so,then scrub with a scouring pad,and flush
    That stuff is iron and calcium from hard water
    Clean your bowl with vinegar regularly. It breaks down the deposits
    Funny you asked this,I just did it to my own toilet,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Use a pumice stone, that should help. As far as how to prevent it happening again, that I'm unsure about. I never did manage to prevent it with our old apartment's toilets.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• What is the water in the tank like? If it's clean then maybe putting one of those bleach tabs in the tank might help. I've never had black stuff come from my toilet like that so I don't really know. I know using the bleach tabs isn't recommended to do often since the bleach can be corrosive to the fittings and gaskets. There may be other types of tank tablets that aren't corrosive that could help.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• it could be mold. i would try adding vinegar and dish detergent to the tank and scrubbing it and then flushing the toilet a few times. also clean the plunging mechanism in the toilet as well
    AzaleaRose

Answer by AzaleaRose at 12:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Yeah- what's the back of the water tank look like on that sucker?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Could it be junk from hard water? We get that sometimes, and there's an additive we put in the tank every so often. I don't know the name of it, but I could ask my boyfriend for you if you want. Is your water very hard?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Vinegar and dawn to soak.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• the water looks clean, we had the inside guts replaced about a month ago, I am letting it sit now with baking soda/vinegar mixture, let you know!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• yes very hard!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2013