Soccer moms - I have a question

Boys Soccer - Do boys (he's 10) need to *ahem* wear a cup? I really know nothing of these things and I highly doubt DH would give me a decent answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I asked a few friends who have boys in soccer, and they all said not necessary for soccer.

I'm planning on putting my 9 year old DS in an indoor league soon.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Depends on the league he is playing in. They will let you know if it is required or not. If it doesn't say it in the paperwork and the coach doesn't say anything then it isn't required.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I'd only do it if the league suggested or required it
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I actually have an answer from a urologist.

In the 25 years he had practiced, he has never seen a debilitating injury from a soccer ball. But boys should wear a cup when playing baseball, hockey lacrosse or any sport with a ball the size of a baseball. He even recommends one for tennis.

My stepsons never wore a cup for soccer.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 5:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• My one son only has one testicle. He is not allowed to play baseball, hockey, lacrosse or any sport that would require wearing a cup as you are still at risk for injury. He is allowed to play soccer, volleyball, etc, even without a cup.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 5:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2013