I don't get men!

I'm just venting as I just feel compelled even though I might get some comments about the situation. But either way you get points for your post so it's all good. So, I'm not going to focus on one in particular. I don't get any men. They're all confusing and don't think. I've been taking a break from dating, and focusing back on me, plus I have plenty that I'm working on. I'm not desperate for a man, or wanting to jump into a relationship right now. I have feelings for certain guys but since they don't return them then I'm starting to realize I deserve better and to move on. I have but since I'm taking a break. SO, i'm yesterday I get a text from this one guy, (he and I have a long history) no point in jumping into it again. We agreed to just be friends. And our conversations in general are really slow and like once a month. Anyways. He he saids how's your sexy ass been? and asking how I am? what I'm up to? He asked me to send a pic, so I do it's just a pic of me in my car with my sunglasses and he saids very cute. And, then saids can I text you later. and then sends me a picture of his new underwear for baseball. Not that I didn't like it. I just don't get why he bothers texting me. it's so confusing....

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• You sound like you are in a very good spot mentally. I don't get men either and have long ago given up trying. It does sound like he is just bored and flirting. It's up to you if you want to feed into that or not.

And good for you making it clear the FWB wasn't gonna happen. It never really works out. Somebody ends up wanting more and gets hurt.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• If it were me I'd stop with the picture sending and receiving.

Believe me, he gets it. He doesn't view you as a partner, he thinks he might get lucky. I'd suggest you prune those guys out of your life for good
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• He's looking for a booty call

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• That would be confusing to me, too, to the point where I would be put off and not wanting to talk to him at all. It sounds like he's playing games with you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• This is not somebody I think is worth your wasting your time even trying to figure out. He's looking for an easy score and probably nothing more. Delete his number from your phone and block his number from yours. You will be much better off!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• from the way the conversation went sounds like he was bored ; -)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Eh, don't waste your time on him. When you're really ready to jump in the pool again, you will "get" men quite easily.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Why would a guy send you a picture of his under wear. SEX!!
    This is one of the guys you really want to stop talking to.

Answer by louise2 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I appreciate all the comments. I just want to make it clear he doesn't feel I'm a botty call. he's had several opportunties. and he's chicken out from everyone of them. I did make it clear that I wasn't going to do friend with benefits. We tried before and it just didn't work out.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Bail out, he's bored.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2013