Getting urine out of furniture?

My dd has a kidney/urinary problem, and she leaked through her goodnights pullup and she was sleeping on the couch... Now it smells like urine... :( How or what is the best way to clean it like cleaner wise etc? I can NOT afford to pay for a "carpet" cleaner!
Thanks!

defiantpromises

Asked by defiantpromises at 9:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Use Kids N Pets instant all purpose stain and odor remover.... it is sold at walmart in the pet department, and I find that it works well on even the pet stains that turn everything yellow. Allow it to sit for a few minutes then soak it up with a towel. And may I suggest cran-apple juice for your littleones kidney/urinary problem.
    jrsmile

Answer by jrsmile at 9:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• thank you for the suggestion of the Kids N Pets, I'll be picking some up!!! She does drink cran-apple juice, cran-grape :) Unfortunetly, the urologist thinks it's a form of reflux (VCUG being done next month) so we're sorta stuck, and having to wait!
    But, yet again thanks so much! My DH had the "balls" to recommend me using amonia??? LOL
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 10:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'm guessing it is a cushion that smells. Try what the poster said above, If that doesn't work see if you have a laundrymat with a big enough (heavy load) machine you can put the whole cushion in and wash it with a disinfectant, something like Pine Sol and maybe some baking soda too, of course some laundry detergent too. If not a machine big enough. Find something like a small kiddie pool, put it in with the above ingredients and keep stepping on it. barefoot (actually agitating it with your feet). dump the water and do a rinse the same way without any cleaners. Hang on a clothes line or find another way to prop it up so it can drain and dry. Maybe you can fit it in a large dryer in the laundry mat. Hope this helps! I know I would be ready to just throw the couch out. You could also wash the cover and take it to an upholster and have them put in a new inside foam.
    Anonymous

• Check out www.bedwettingstore.com They have a couple options for stain and odor removal that really works. I used it on the mattress and the smell never came back and the stain was completely gone.
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 11:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Nature's miracle spray. It's in the pet store. It's for cat urine which is the absolute WORST. It neutralizes the urine and has a very nice, clean smell.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009