they say that sex can bring on labor, but how long afterwards does it take? i am 38 weeks 4 days, and i did the dirty awhile ago, and my stomach is kinda crampy not going away but not getting more intense. just wondering if anyone knows? thanks

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 9:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was about 7 to 9 months i didnt want sex
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It Sure Did Helped me I Had My Son @ 38 Weeks ;)
    Anonymous

• well, I can't give you scientific proof, but i WILL tell you that I was 38 weeks when I had DD. We did the deed around 9 at night and my water broke at 1:45 AM. I'm a believer;)
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• This didn't work at all for my first pregnancy....and this time I really wanna have sex but I am scared too because I'm having twins and theres already better chance of them coming early.. dammit I want some!
    Anonymous

• Now just stop letting your man poke your poor baby in the head!!!!!! Kidding!
    Anonymous

• I had sex with all my kids daily from due date to birth. I still always go to 41 weeks and a few days. It's not a sure way to go into labor and doesn't work if your body isn't ready.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sometimes you can feel crampy after sex without actually being in labor. It doesn't necessarily START labor, the semen has prostoglandins which softens your cervix making it easier to dialate. Keep track of the cramps and if they seem to be falling into a pattern you might be in labor! otherwise it's probably just some irritiation. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2009