Lee Thompson Young (Rizzoli and Isles' Det. Frost) dead at age 29

I enjoy this show and one of the big reasons is Lee Thompson Young's portrayal of Frost. He was an enjoyable actor to watch, and I shall miss him.

29 is far too young to die.

Asked by May-20 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I really like him on the new TNT show. I watch that every tuesday. Such a shame. I wonder how they will "kill" his character on that show? Or can they? So sad.

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Saw this. What a shame :(

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I remember him in Jett Jackson. My older stepsons loved that show.

Answer by ChasingBridges at 7:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I seen that on Yahoo. I watch that show. I am going to miss him on their. So sad. He was so young. Wounder why he did that?

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• What a tragedy....poor family...

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Waaay too young. How sad!

Answer by Ballad at 11:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• i just saw a picture of him and realized who he was...i didnt recognize his name. how sad...

Answer by okmanders at 3:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• May-20

Comment by May-20 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I don't know, louise. I don't know what makes a person do that. And as sad as I am, I cannot imagine how heartbroken his family, particularly his mother, is right now.

Comment by May-20 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Not to sound morbid or to minimize Young's death, but the writers have a few options:

1. Show him dead in his home (like was done on House-just the lower legs), either at his own hand or due to a break-in gone bad.
    2. Open with his funeral and have the characters tell how he was killed in the line of duty.
    3. Show Frankie (or another detective) moving to his desk while everyone talks about Frost's move to the LAPD.

Those are the three that I can quickly think of. Again, I'm not trying to be morbid here.

Comment by May-20 (original poster) at 8:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2013