what med do i give my 10 month old he has a cold??????help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tylonal that is what i would give if he has a fever and pedalight
    Anonymous

• If your 10 mo old is running a fever infants Tylenol is the best thing, and after the Tylenol dosing needs to be repeated, if the fever is stubborn Motrin is the best. Most of the medications are being taken off the shelves for babies under two years. Most doctors tell you about home remedies. If your baby's nose is stuffy, little noses works, but babies do not like this much. A room with steam going (mostlikely your bathroom with the shower running) if you lay your baby across your lap or sit them up leaning forward and patting their back sometimes will induce sneezing and breaking up of the mucus in their noses enough to suction it where they can breathe. but just making your baby as comfortable as possible is all that you really can do. I used a very small ammount of Baby Vicks Vapor Rub on her chest at night so that she could breathe a little easier. At night. Hope this helps!
    izzimommy203

Answer by izzimommy203 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Oh in addition to what Izzimommy said try to elevate the head of the crib a little. We used a box under the crib mattress
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• thank u sooo much for your suggestions ladies...
    Anonymous

• Also, try this odd little trick: put vicks on the bottom fo baby's feet, rub in good, and put socks on, my friends swear that this helps, lol. I always forget to try it, but I will next time.

And I wanted to reiterate that you should NEVER give a baby OTC cold/flu medication. It can cause more harm than good and like OP said more and more companies are just plain taking the stuff off the shelves. The medication is too rough for a baby's liver to break down and can cause liver failure.

Good luck hope baby feels better soon!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The vicks on your feet does work. Atleast I tried it last month when i couldn't get rid of a cough, and it seemed to be the ONLY thing that worked and helped me fall asleep.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2009