Single moms or once single moms...

Do not get me wrong on this post I love being a single mom and I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm not complaining.. I'm just down in the dumps and sad..

I am my childrens and I's only income. I work in my home office, I never have to go in or meet with my clients.. I do everything via phone and email, but I am commission only (I currently do get a pretty decent bonus though).. I work long hours to support us and I just feel like my kids are growing up so quickly! I take breaks and play and eat and take them outside to play and so on, but I just feel they are growing to fast and I know there has to be other parents that feel that way..

I am getting ready to buy my first home and I'm scared of failing my kids and I have so many paranoias.. What if's that just take over my mind and it drives me crazy..

I guess this isn't really a question, just looking for others who have been there done that to make me feel better about things right now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• You do what you have to do. The fear that you are experiencing is completely normal, even for married moms. The fact that you can take breaks and go outside to play with them is HUGE. Many working mothers cannot.

Just take a deep breath and do what you have to do. You seem to be fine. Day by day is all any of us can do, regardless of marital status.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• You are getting a lot more time to watch your kids grow up than most parents get whether they are single or married. Enjoy the time you have with them and try to stop thinking about the future. Just take it one day at a time and appreciate the fact that you do have the time with them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I think most moms feel that same way, single or married, working or staying home. Childhood is very short, and it can easily get lost in the work and chores and what-ifs.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• You know, when my husband and I first separated, I was scared as hell lol because I have been with my husband since I was 17 and he was my security blanket, but now I am on my own, have to pay my own bills...scary, so I understand your fears of failing because I was there and sometimes they try to creep in, but I don't entertain it!

I believe you will be fine, buy your house! Don't entertain those negative thoughts because then most likely you will fail, just keep telling yourself everything will work itself out! Just surround yourself around positive things and people that will encourage you and help you feel better :)
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2013