how to tell when O'ing with....

So I am irregular when it comes to periods... and have been ever since i was 13. I just got AF today... My last AF was December 14th-20th of 2008. From then until now it has been 47 days in between.

I know that the regular length of a period is 28 days. So if my cycle is somewhere around 47 days... how in the world do i figure out when i am ovulating. We are not TTC quite yet, but we are talking about August maybe... I have read from abunch of people the book "take charge of your fertility" is an awesome book.

Does anyone have any other ideas, suggestions, what worked for you? Would temping help??

Any suggestions/answers would help.

leahbnaiteacher

Asked by leahbnaiteacher at 9:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Chart your cycles, women generally ovulate 14 days before their first day of their period aka Cycle Day 1 (which is why you are always in the Two Week Wait after you ovulate!) If your cycle is generally 47 days, you would have ovulated on Cycle Day 34. I keep a datebook and track all of my cycle days, then I go back and circle the days I would have ovulated and keep that whole week in mind each cycle.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• WWW.ASKDRAMY.COM IS A GOOD SITE IT HELPED ME AND SIS BABY DUST TO YOU!
    Anonymous

• i have the same problem!!! the only thing i can suggest is sex sex sex... and thats about it!!! no charting or temping helps me... so DP and i just BD like bunnies and pray!!!
    good luck to you
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009