Would you buy your daughter thongs? adult content

A friend of mine just asked when it's appropriate for a girl to get thongs. My feelings are, when they get a job and buy it themselves. I don't mind supplying conservative panties but I'm not buying a thong because the obvious reason for wearing those is to show them off. Who says, gee, this thong is SOOO comfy! But there are mixed answers, some think when they do their own laundry or go to highschool it's ok for the mom to buy them if they ask. Your thoughts?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I don't have daughters, but it would have to wait til they're 18. Being able to buy it themselves isn't enough for me because even 14 year olds can make their own money.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Personally, I hate thongs. They're uncomfortable. When my daughter can buy her own, she's free to do so.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Eh, it's just a name.... It's just another store. If you think about it, the Pink line is geared more for youngsters without much boobage.... LMAO!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• *beyond
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• midnight on her 18th birthday and with her own money is when she'll get one

I'll be more than happy to try and help her trouble shoot with panty lines, etc, and learning to wear things that fit, try different brands if something doesn't look right, etc etc but nothing adult until she is an ADULT. that being said my 2nd grader has many, many friends in PINK line victoria secret tops. seriously? over my dead body.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Depends. If she was 15+ and her clothing style was appropriate but she did have an issue with panty lines (like a skirt or jeggings, idk just if) then I might buy a couple cotton Fruit of the Loom ones that come in the pack like regular panties lol. Nothing sexy. If she wants them because she wants to FEEL sexy she can do that on her own adult time with her own adult money.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• idk if I would, they are good for those pants that shows the panty line! my mom bought me some!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• My dd's bought some when they were 16 without bothering to talk to me about it. Funny how the washing machine just ate those little things up and spit them back out in pieces.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• If she wanted them I would. However she doesn't like the feeling of a wedgie.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I wore them when I was in my twenties and after while I didn't buy any other besides boy shorts. It was just so much better then having panty lines. I would not be opposed if we bought them together and I knew the reason. Undergarments can be just be for the woman. Sometimes feeling sexy underneath is not a bad thing. Gives a little bit of confidence. I am one of those that match bras and panties and she already wants matching panties to her pjs. I will see when the time comes.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2013