All my kids will be in school full time now and I am as stay at home mom. For other moms like me, what do you do to fill your days while the little ones are at school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• errands, cleaning, sewing (if I'm in the mood)..enjoy the quiet!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Work, volunteer, library, errands , clean, sleep
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I do before and after school babysitting. The time they are in school I clean or run errands and make up fun stuff for the afternoon.
    GrandmaO2008

Answer by GrandmaO2008 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• When my son went to kindergarten, I went to school and substitute taught. I know several moms who continue to stay at home when their child(ren) are in school. Many of them volunteer at the school. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• oh yes, I forgot I am heading up projects for PTC and signed up for any and all help at school lol
    GrandmaO2008

Answer by GrandmaO2008 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• My problem has been finding ways to fill the days while they are home. I will have zero problems adjusting to those precious 8 hours of me time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• I am past that time of my life but quilt and volunteer. After the youngest was well established, I went to work during school hours.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• Reading all these answers reminds me why I hated being a SAHM; I was bored all the time! **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

• My husband and I are empty nesters, and we are busier now than we've ever been. We have a garden and keep our own yard. We volunteer two different places. My hubby still works, and the days he is gone, I never seem to run out of things to do. I've been at home for the past 40 years, and I have never been bored. I still have a long list of things I want to do "when I have time." Maybe it depends on one's overall attitude and interests. I enjoy crafting and sewing and gardening and reading and all kinds of sports. If you aren't sure what your interests are, now is the time to try lots of new things and discover the ones you really love. It's always fun for me to experiment with new recipes and have a fabulous dinner ready when hubby gets home from work, and it's always greatly appreciated. The sky's the limit, so get busy and find out what you love to do now that you have time to do it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• All mines are in school full time as well, I am about to go back to work, but until then, I do take online classes and I sometimes go to the library just to get out the house, or sometimes I just enjoy my me time. I also use this time to get my house in order!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2013