Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you tell your son you have problems with him moving to fast with his girlfriend.

he haves know her for yrs but she was with some one else and haves a kid with the other guy..she is a rude girl to me she is 21 yrs old .he is 22yrs old she is wanting a dad for her kid and my sons money.i think if he didn't have a job she would be gone already, she wants someone to take care of her and her kid that's all. she haves a house she lives in but she try's to live in my house no way .she don't have t.v . or internet so she a user. and she don't talk at all to know one ,she is weird.he said she have's something wrong but will not tell me what it is. that's y she don't hi to no one.

Answer Question

Asked by shealow at 11:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (16)
  • Mind your business.. he can learn from his own mistakes.

    Answer by anestheticsex at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • Haves should be has. He's an adult you can voice your opinion but its up to him what he does.

    Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • Find a prettier girl to move in next door.... seriously.....

    Answer by m-avi at 11:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • Be there for him if it all should fall apart.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • He can move too fast in his OWN apartment. Why is he still living at home?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • Set rules about what is and is not okay in your house, for everybody. But think twice before you say too much about how you don't like the girlfriend. Your son may need your support if things don't work out, and if he doesn't feel you're on his side now, he won't want you on his side later.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • Mind your own business.

    I wouldn't date a loser without a job, either.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • Don't allow her in your home if you're that adamant. That's all you can do.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • You sit him down and say "This is my opinion and I'm only telling you because I love you and want you to be happy" and then very carefully, and very objectively state your concerns. Don't criticize his decisions and don't make him feel bad. Then, dont ever bring it up again. Don't nag, he's a big boy and will learn even if it's the hard way. No "I told you sos" either. Stand your ground but do NOT let her move into your house. Ever. Don't talk trash about her, don't tell her why she's not allowed to move in. Just say no. Good luck.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

  • If he is 22 he can make up his own mind. If you have a decent relationship with him, you can air your concerns for him without slamming his girlfriend. If not I would not say anything, except that you are not comfortable with her in your home if she can not even speak to you.
    Does he bring her to your home because he lives there or just to spend time with you?
    If he lives there and it bothers you so much, you may wish to encourage him to find his own place.
    Be aware that if she has a house, that is more than likely where he will choose to live.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.