Would this bother you?

My dd took her new teacher a flower out of my garden and a hand made card yesterday. Well the teacher wrote Josie a little thank you note but....she wrote this:

"I'm so glad your in my class."

AHHHHHHH! I hate when the TEACHER doesn't know the difference between your and you're. I like her a lot though, that just bothers me lol. I won't correct her, unless it becomes a frequent thing. :)

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 7:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yes, haha. The person teaching your child should know proper grammar!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I have to admit, I didn't even catch that.

OMG!! What has CM done to my BRAIN???

Oh wait ... it's b/c I haven't had coffee yet!! (that's my story and I am sticking to it)

drinking

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I'm sad to say I've gotten used to it since I've been in college. Most of my non-core professors have the grammatical abilities of a 6 year old. They have doctorates, they are invited to lecture around the world, some of them have worked on projects that are literally world changing, but can't tell their from they're.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Was it the first day, or even first week of school? If so, I'd notice, but I don't think I'd let it bother me yet. I'd assume she had a lot going on and was simply writing quickly and didn't notice what she'd done.

Now, if I noticed that everything she sent home had errors like that, then it would bother me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I would notice it, but probably wouldn't assume too much. I have seen some unfortunate errors in parent reports (ours are several pages long, detailed narrative reports) and in the newsletter but the fact of the mistake doesn't always tell you what the person does/doesn't know or understand.

While typing, I know I have mistakenly typed hear instead of here (or maybe the other way around) and once I wrote out (by hand) peaked instead of piqued. Neither of those errors exposed a true lack of knowledge of the words or correct spelling. Sometimes those errors DO indicate lack of knowledge or just having learned the word by hearing it & assuming things (when people write walla instead of voila.) People frequently write balling rather than bawling and that might suggest that they didn't actually learn a written distinction and truly THINK "balling" when they talk about crying. Bridal forums and "ring bear" is another example!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I honestly missed it too lol, but no it wouldn't bother me, it could have been a honest mistake. Now if everything she sends home has spelling errors, I would def. be concernced lol:)
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Yea, well, yes a teacher should use the right words.

Answer by louise2 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

OMG!! What has CM done to my BRAIN???

*****
    Haha- same here!
    I usually notice too!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• YES!

Gotta red pen?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Yes!
    We were handed a packet last night at open house and one of the things listed that the children will learn is:

Your child will learn to write from left to write.

I circled it and will be showing the office.
    GrandmaO2008

Answer by GrandmaO2008 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2013