Does anyone elses toddlers do this?

My son who's 14 months has been "dancing" for the past couple months. He'll stand and kind of bend at the waist and almost look like he's headbanging or he'll bend his knees and bop up and down. He really only does it when he hears music on TV or if we say "dance bubby". I asked my mom about it and she says it's normal and that all kids do it. Sometimes he'll sing while he's dancing, no one can understand a word he's saying but I guess he does. I was just wondering (since i'm paranoid) if anyone elses kids do/did this at this age or if I should be worried and talk to his doctor about it.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 9:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh yes! Babies love to dance! I know most babies do that funny knee-bendy dance but usually after a while come up with their own extra little move to that knee bend. My daughter loves to swivel her hips and jump up and down with her bendy knee dance. I'd put a video up of her dancing to a commercial and to my parents music. Your baby is perfectly normal!
    izzimommy203

Answer by izzimommy203 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• don't be worried! he's just getting his groove on! my 13-month-old like to stand up and bounce if he hears a song he likes
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 9:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have a 2 year old that has been dancing to his own beat since he was about 10 months and I think that it is the cutest thing especially when there is nothing going on no music or any thing and he is just getting down it is imagination and my personally opinion as a mom of two boys is just let them go with it
    babygirl1501

Answer by babygirl1501 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• lol, my 22 month old does that too. dont be worried, enjoy it before he grows up! =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• LOL totally normal. Just cause he doesn't have moves yet, doesn't mean he can't get down!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• ALL THE TIME....don't worry at all....this is the best time in life - they feel the music, a beat....they move. I think we all need to have a little more of this is all of us!
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 10:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i love when my 18 mth old sings and dances! i love to encourage her and tell her how pretty her singing is. she holds her arms out, tips her head back, and belts out a song only understandable by her but entertaining to everyone. she twirls, bounces, and even tries to get her 7 mth old sister involved. can't wait to see them both doing it together when little sis is a few months older. oh, i have a music channel preset on my tv remote. she knows which button that is too by the way. hahaha. her fav, rock and roll!
    ashlyh123

Answer by ashlyh123 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• lol mine has been doing it since he could sit up!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My dd LOVES to dance, her first favorite song to dance to was coldplay vida la vie or w/e and now she absolutely adores Bob Marley and will come and ask for "i ya ya ya, i yayaya!!! It is super cute.
    Starieyed82

Answer by Starieyed82 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my daughter also danced from early on she is now almost 2 and still does I'm thinking of sending her to dance classes when she's a little older.
    greenmaniac

Answer by greenmaniac at 3:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2009