Why do you like football?

I don't get it.

What is it about that sport that makes it so much more popular than other sports here in the US?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Entertainment

• I don't like it at all and I wish I did because I'm out of the loop for a good part of the year. I've tried to understand it and haven't been successful. Baseball, now, that's a different story
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I love College football more. Tailgating, friends, food! A party every weekend!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I like betting, tailgating, beer, the football food, the weather, the camaraderie, the rivalries, etc.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Baseball, now, that's a different story

LOL, same here! I don't like football. Mostly I find it boring. I understand it, I even know most of the penalties. I just don't enjoy watching it, unless I am at the game. Baseball though, that is a great game!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Depending on the game, I find it kind of entertaining. Plus, it's what is on the big TV being played at live volume, so there's really no avoiding it. My football season motto is 'If you can't beat them, either join them or go shopping'.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• The tight ends
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Not a fan, either. The only way I even like viewing sports is seeing it live.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I don't care that much about football itself, but I'm entertained by other people watching football because people who are usually of sound mind start yelling and shaking their fists at the TV as if they think the players and coaches can hear them and are interested in what they have to say. It's comic relief for me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I only watch college football (ROLL TIDE!). Idk what it is...the "thrill of the game"? Basketball is the same way for me, I love it too.

Ballad, you'd love watching my dad then, he'll yell at the tv, "run you son of a bitch run!"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I love it... the time of year, the game, the family/friends... the excitement. I mean, I get so into I sometimes think "I" am part of the team... lmao. Huge Cowboys fan, always have been and don't miss a game.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2013