I'm curious...what does one do with a can of cheese soup?

I'm cleaning out my pantry and discovered a can of Campbell's cheese soup. How it got here is a mystery. I've never even seen cheese soup in the store.

Have you seen or tried it? What do you do with it? Surely nobody heats it up and just eats it, right?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 11:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Food & Drink

• You can use it in recipes... make your own casserole with a can of that, noodles and cheese... maybe some cream of mushroom as well. I've seen it called for in recipes, but I don't think I've really used it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• cheese dip

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I've used it to make cheddar broccoli soup.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I'm guessing you use it in recipes like m-avi said. Casseroles would be prime suspects for the use of cheese soup. Like a cheesy chicken, rice and broccoli casserole.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2013

• it is SOOOO rich... it needs to be cut with alot of things, for sure. I'd try a broccoli rice bake I suppose
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Back when we were first married and I didn't know how to cook bought one of those Campbell's recipe books at the check out stand, and it had a picture of this really good looking nacho baked casserole that called for that cheese. It was disgusting! If I had used real cheese it probably would have been good.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I too have a lone can of this soup and have no idea how it got there....

If you find something good to use it for, let me know!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I mix it with cream of chicken soup and put it over chicken breasts in the crock pot for 4-6 hours
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• My step mom used it instead of Velveeta in that salsa and rotel party dip stuff
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Use it as a sauce in a casserole type dish
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2013