Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

my son goes to his fathers every summer and then returns to start scholl there is no custody beteween either of us and now he has filled for custody and i need to know if i can go get him back or tak

not tempory custody has been granted

Answer Question

Asked by needmyson34 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • Are you divorced?

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • Temporary custody has been granted to the father?

    This is why is it SO important to have court ordered visitation in place. You will need to see an attorney

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • Idk...but you need to RUN, not walk, to a lawyer ASAP!

    Answer by PandaGwen at 12:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • If he doesn't give him up,you'll have to go to court to get him back. Even the cops won't make him give him back. They consider it a civil matter

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • Why do you not have a custody agreement in place?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • If no custody, than I assume you were never married, that means in 48 of 50 states you have 100% rights, and he has zero
    Go get your child

    Answer by fiatpax at 12:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • Where you maried to him? Or was he just a boyfriend?
    That has a lot to do with it. If I were you I would call the police and ask them.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • Police do not get involved with custody cases
    It is a court thing, speak to your lawyer
    But f you were never married, you have all rights, and he has zero
    Go pick up your child, if father refuses...then call police..better have some documents when police come , they HATE getting involved and will NOT do so if you do not have all your paperwork

    Answer by fiatpax at 1:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • lawyer is my best advice

    Answer by GrandmaO2008 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

  • It sounds like the father must have gotten a lawyer to take things this far. You better get one, too. Good luck.

    Answer by Ballad at 2:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.