Do you sneak food and drinks into the movie theater?

I do
There's a convenience store next to the theater,so I grab a bottle of water and a box of candy (both for a dollar) and stick them in my purse
My theater charges $4.50 for bottled water,and $5 for a box of candy.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I will send a few things next time my Son & DH go. The went the other night & it cost over $17 for a large soda, popcorn & sour patch kids. Plus the fee to get in. Total almost $40 for a movie!??? That's crazy. They went to see Planes in 3D & there were only about 15 people in the whole theater they said. The movie was great BTW!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I have once or twice, yes. But lately they've had a combo pack for kids that's not quite as expensive, with a juice box, popcorn, and a little bit of candy. It's enough for the two kids to share. It still grinds my gears to pay four dollars for a bottle of water.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Sure do. There is a Fred Meyer right next to our theater. For the cost of a soda at the theater, we can get enough candy for the 4 of us, with leftovers.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• water ALWAYS. also usually suckers since they're cheap/free to occupy the kids during potentially boring parts. if there was a sign up saying no outside food or drink I would obey, though. I don't wanna risk getting banned or something. but i am not paying 3 bucks for water

we always buy large popcorns, often a slushie and 3d upgrades. we certainly aren't stealing anything.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• No need too. Our theater has a great deal. You can get a large all you can eat popcorn and 2 large sodas for 5.50.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• We do but we also buy concessions. We usually bring our own candy, but buy soda and popcorn from the concession stand. I don't want to consume that many calories, so I also bring healthier options...fresh cut fruits, strawberries, melon and so on.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Ugh. Yes. I pop my own popcorn at home and stick it in my purse. My grandma used to do that for us when we were kids. Ziplocs of popcorn and candy.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• always. its stupid to pay $5 for a $1 box of candy just cause they "dont allow" outside food. its not like its a law...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• We do not go to the theatre alot but I have thought about doing this when we do go there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• we don't have to anymore, food/drinks are now permitted inside.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2013