Strangest thing going on with DD

She is in her ninth month and has developed a rash over the major part of her body.
Rough feel an slightly bumpy like fine sand paper. The initial blood work has come back fine. They checked for choleostasis and that has come up negative.
It is obviously systemic but they can't seem to figure it out. We are waiting on a couple tests that will take a couple more days.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
It is a new one on me.

Both she and the baby are fine.  She is just itchy and red rashy.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea, but here's a bump and some good wishes for a safe, easy delivery and a healthy baby. You must be on pins and needles!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Weird allergies can happen during pregnancy. It could be something as simple as the detergent she's using or something she's eaten a million times that just decided to become bothersome.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Has she been tested for Fifth's Disease (Parvovirus)? I just had it & had a full body rash. My kids got it too. It's running rampant this summer.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Could it be related to the heat? Like a heat rash?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Well you will know if it's hormone related soon enough. If it clears up after she has the baby, then she'll know. I had some weird things happen to me right AFTER my 2nd son tho & it reoccurred each month, if you know what I mean. That went on for 18 mos. Hopefully her ordeal will end once she has the baby. GL w/ all that BTW :) Does she know what she's having?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Sounds like PUPPS (I think that's what it's called anyway, a friend had it 5 years ago).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• No they ruled that out too.
    I have never heard of anyone getting something like this unless they got in poison ivy (looks nothing like that) or some disease like measles which this isn't either.

I wish I had taken a picture. t is like aan allergic reaction but she is not showing the other signs of an allergic reaction.

Between the two of us medical science has their hands full lol.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• Well that is good to know. We went over any changes but this girl finds the strangest things to happen to her.
    I think she said that the universe has decided to make her the butt of its jokes. apt.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• I love that is what I thought to and it is not that either.

Mrsmom She is having a baby girl in just a few weeks.
    They held her over night Sunday to Monday.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2013

• You are right about Pupps but they checked for that too.

She has always been unusual.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2013